The Spirit of Aloha in Hawaii – Hilton Hawaiian Village
With only about 65 miles across its center and 111 miles around its perimeter, there is nothing little about the beauty or the spirit on the Hawaiian Island of Oahu. In fact, in mere minutes we fell in love with the fast-paced feel and Aloha Spirit that abounds in this Hawaiian paradise.
My family describes this area of Honolulu and the location of Hilton Hawaiian Village as New York meets Malibu but better…Way better. Simply put, it’s like tropical meets chic wrapped up with warm sunny days and cool breezy nights. Aloha.
What’s Up With Aloha?
Aloha is much more than a Hawaiian word used to say hello and goodbye. It is positive energy and a way of treating each other with compassion and respect. When you live the Spirit of Aloha in Hawaii, you generate pleasant experiences and thoughts that are forever multiplying and being spread to others. Honestly, Aloha is magnificent. And, believe it or not, I can tell you just where to find it!
An Aloha Resort?
You bet. The Aloha Spirit is thriving on Oahu and taking up residence at Hilton Hawaiian Village. From the bellman to the busboy and the restaurants to the towel stand, this Waikiki Beach Resort is packed with the Spirit of Aloha at every turn.
Believe me when I tell you that, although Oahu feels a bit more crowded and fast-paced than some of the other Hawaiian Islands, it is also filled with some of the most beautiful beaches, thriving family-friendly nightlife and the nicest, most helpful people I’ve ever seen. Hands down.
The resort also encompasses the Spirit of Aloha in all of the pleasant experiences laid forth throughout its sprawling landscape like the 22-acre oceanfront setting complete with a great view of Diamond Head, the strategic “Village” location that includes city shopping and restaurants and all within walking distance. And, I almost forgot to mention, the lovely and the open air walkways and lobby complete with spectacular views, large rocking chairs, parrots and even penguins, too.
This place is a real treasure trove of family fun and has a ton of additional options to offer…
- Breathtaking views and beachfront access to beautiful Waikiki Beach
- Five pools including Waikiki’s largest Super Pool complete with multiple water slides (and separate pools at the Ali’i Tower and Kalia Tower)
- The only outdoor Luau in Waikiki (Dining and Entertainment on the rooftop!) in addition to seven of the best restaurants and bars in Honolulu (some with live entertainment)
- On location surfing lessons and snorkel, kayak, paddleboard and surfboard rentals
- Activity booking areas – For things like Atlantis Submarines, Helicopter Tours or The Spirit of Aloha Snorkel Sail
- A full-service spa
- A full or half day Kids Club
And, an indescribable feeling that just gave us the warm fuzzies! I can also tell you one thing, for sure. If your family is anything like mine, and relaxes through adventure, then this is the place to quench your curiosity… Aloha style!
Know Before You Go
- Hawaii consists of eight main islands: Niihau, Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Lanai, Molokai, Kahoolawe, and The Big Island.
- Hawaii has its own time zone (Hawaiian Standard Time). This time zone is 2 hours behind Pacific Standard Time. Hawaii also doesn’t observe Daylight Savings Time!
- It is considered rude to refuse to wear a Lei if someone offers it.