The Best NYC Music Venues
New York City has a strong and vibrant music scene. Talented acts from around the world visit New York every day, and there is an abundance of local musicians in every borough.
Whether your favorite genre is classical, hip-hop, rock, pop, punk, country, or dance music, there is something for every type of music lover in NYC. Here are some of my favorite NYC music venues, music festivals and websites for regular updates to visit while in New York.
- Music venues with added entertainment:
- Fat Cat, 75 Christopher St. – A pool hall-venue-combo, Fat Cat provides a unique setting for music and game lovers alike. Take advantage of their pool, ping pong, or shuffleboard tables while enjoying one of their nightly jazz sets.
- Brooklyn Bowl, 61 Wythe Ave., Brooklyn – Music lovers can catch a show at this Brooklyn-based concert venue, before or after bowling on one of their 16 bowling lanes.
- Big acts:
- Governor’s Ball, June 5 – 7, 2015 at Randall’s Island Park – With acts like Drake, The Black Keys, and Lana Del Ray, Governor’s Ball is one of the biggest music festivals in the country. Listen to the official playlist on Spotify here.
- Electric Zoo, 4 – 6, 2015 at Randall’s Island Park – This EDM (electronic dance music) festival attracts some of the hottest DJs in the industry.
- Oh My Rockness – Arguably the best, most comprehensive music listing website in New York. We highly recommend subscribing to the newsletter and visiting OhMyRockness to curate your own concert calendar every month.
- TimeOut New York – TimeOut is often called the “ultimate guide to New York.” The music section of the site provides concert listings and editorial content to educate you on all-things-NYC.
To access more information about local restaurants, unique attractions, and special offers in New York City, visit our Destination Guide, or explore Hilton properties in NewYork City below.
Discover Hilton Hotels in New York
Find Hilton hotels in New York to experience it for yourself.Search Hotels