Spring Training Games are Just around the Corner
Arizona is home to the Cactus League of Major League Baseball and since 1947 teams have used our Grand Canyon State for baseball training. In the early days, we only hosted 2 teams and now are proud to host 15 teams, making our city home to the largest professional baseball facilities.
Our teams include: AZ Diamondbacks, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Colorado Rockies, Kansas City Royals, Anaheim Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers, Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland A’s, San Diego Padres, San Francisco Giants, Seattle Mariners, and the Texas Rangers. You are sure to be a fan of someone!
With Spring Training just around the corner, Phoenix is the perfect destination for a weekend getaway filled with sports, sunshine, and fabulous fare. Below are some great options for when you are craving something other than ballpark snacks!
- Downtown Phoenix is home of First Fridays where you are able to explore local art, crafts, and food. This is held the first Friday of every month so make sure to plan accordingly so you don’t miss out on the local culture!
- Be sure to make a stop at Angels Trumpet Ale House for excellent craft beers.
- Lux Central is also in the nearby area which offers amazing coffee drinks and a bar that is home to one-of-a-kind cocktails such as the Egg Drop Martini.
- If you need a bite to eat after enjoying a few drinks check out Postino’s for their signature bruschetta and wine deals that can’t be beat.
- Another favorite foodie spot in Midtown Phoenix is Wild Thaiger, it was recently featured on the Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-ins & Dives” so make sure to add this to your agenda!
To make your weekend easier, park your car and get everywhere you need to go by buying an all-day Metro Light Rail pass for 4 dollars. All stops will make it an easy stroll to Stand Up Live Comedy Club, Copper Blues, Cityscape shopping, several concert and museum venues, 150+ specialty restaurants and so much more. Enjoy the days of Spring Training!
Where I’d Stay: The Hilton Phoenix Suites is in a central location for getting all around the city. It’s near many attractions and restaurants since it’s conventionally located near the Metro Light Rail.
Photo credit: Ron Vesely / Chicago White Sox
To access more information about local restaurants, unique attractions, and special offers in Phoenix, visit our Destination Guide, or explore Hilton properties in Phoenix below.
Discover Hilton Hotels in Phoenix
Find Hilton hotels in Phoenix to experience it for yourself.Search Hotels