Family Paradise On Hawaii’s Big Island – Hilton Waikoloa Village
The Island of Hawaii is the biggest of the Hawaiian chain and encompasses everything from volcanic desserts to tropical rainforests and beautiful beaches to snow capped mountains. It is a vast landscape of natural wonders for you and your family to explore, and is sure to give you a true sense of rural Hawaii at its finest. If your family is ready to delve into paradise on Hawaii’s Big Island, then your first order of business should be to secure a family-friendly resort that personifies all the beauty that this magnificent environment has to offer.
The Perfect Location
Known and respected throughout Hawaii (and around the globe), by locals and visitors, Hilton Waikoloa Village provides the perfect canvas for your Hawaiian vacation masterpiece. First off, this resort is easily accessible from the Kona Airport with convenient transportation through SpeediShuttle, or by rental car, and will provide an unparalleled tropical haven for your clan that won’t break the proverbial family bank.
Beginning with the staff and erupting across 62 breathtaking-acres of oceanfront paradise that overlooks Waikoloa Bay, this first-rate resort offers everything — and I do mean EVERYTHING — needed for a vacation that’s just bursting with delightfully memorable, family-friendly fun. In fact, there are so many things to mention, I’m not really sure where to begin or exactly how to do it justice.
The Perfect Activities
Let me begin by saying that no matter whether you consider your family to be the adventurous or the relaxed type, Hilton Waikoloa Village will, no doubt, be the perfect fit. For the exploring type, in addition to being a great place for “on location” adventure, this resort is also located in a beautiful area that is very near to shops, restaurants, gas stations and a great starting point for visiting all of the island’s natural attractions. (If you have been to the Big Island, you realize that this isn’t always the case as there are extremely long stretches with no “modern civilization” in sight and also some areas, that although they look good on the Internet, don’t really provide the best, family-friendly, lodging experience.)
For those of you who prefer to relax at the resort, I can’t imagine, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, why you would even consider going anywhere else. Seriously. Starting with the lavish grounds throughout the resort, including Polynesian art and beautiful statues that are scattered all around the property, to boats and tram service to get you from here to there, and back again, if you so choose, this place honestly has EVERYTHING your family could ever want.
For being active
- Multiple swimming pools (including kiddie, family and adults only) and water slides
- Snorkeling, paddle-boarding, kayaking and swimming alongside majestic sea turtles in a beautiful ocean-fed lagoon
- Tennis courts that are great for playing the game during the daytime or star-gazing at night
- Golf, both regular and putt-putt
- Day and evening Kids Club
- Resort activities like lei making and ukulele lessons
- Hammocks, loungers and tons of soft grassy areas perfect for relaxing
- A full-service spa
- Meditation spot (Buddha Point) and a small chapel with a non-denominational Sunday service
- Large guest rooms with balconies
For enjoying local scenery and wildlife
- Incredible landscapes and amazing views of the Waikoloa Bay
- Dolphin Quest Village, which provides opportunities to view, swim and interact with dolphins on-site
- Seaside walking trails with beautiful views and opportunities for up-close interaction with local sea creatures
For dining, shopping and getting out
- An extremely impressive Legends of the Pacific Luau (dinner & show), a lavish breakfast buffet and additional restaurants and bars (some with live entertainment)
- A retail shopping area & Big Island Marketplace
- On-site trolley station, National rental car and activity booking center
I’m sure I forgot something… Like the on-site launderette just in case you need to wash your favorite shorts! Or maybe the life-size checker board!
In A Nut Shell
Honestly, my family and I can’t wait to return because this is, without a doubt, one of the very best and biggest family resorts. Ever. Not only did Hilton Waikoloa Village provide the perfect platform for our Hawaiian vacation (and allow us to focus on other things, like which natural wonders we should explore on the Big Island), but it was also a reasonably priced resort with unparalleled beauty and just about every amenity imaginable. I mean, if you choose not to, you literally don’t ever have to leave…
At least not until its time to return home from your dream vacation!
I’d love to reminisce with you. Please feel free to leave comments about your upcoming trip or tell me how you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village.