Become an Orlando Foodie With This Cheat Sheet!
Become an Orlando foodie – A Cheat Sheet!
If you find yourself with some free time in Orlando or looking to escape the usual theme park adventures then plan a day sampling some great food around Orlando. Here is my personal cheat sheet to let you pass as a foodie next time you’re in town.
- The Coop – Pancakes topped with pull pork to fresh baked cinnamon rolls – is the definition of a southern inspired breakfast. What may sound unusual for some, chicken and waffles is a southern staple and is a personal favorite. If you show up late – don’t worry their lunch/dinner menu is equally as good. (Closed Sundays) Follow them on Twitter at @TheCOOP_WP.
- KeKe’s – A local chain that specializes in waffles and pancakes – my personal favorite is to get either of those Florida style (“Fresh strawberry, banana, blueberry and powdered sugar”). The Dr. Phillips location is close to Universal if you are looking to fuel up before hitting the rides. Follow them on Twitter at @kekes.
- Yellow Dog Eats – A little off the beaten path with a quirky twist on bbq and sandwiches. Pulled pork is top-notch – but “Puppy Love” – an ultimate PB&J sandwich with chocolate chips, fresh bananas, and fresh strawberries – served with animal crackers is my go to dish. Follow them on Twitter at @yellowdogeats.
- Tako Cheena – Mexican cuisine meets Asian, or as I like to call it, the best of both worlds. This small restaurant is well known by locals and located close to downtown. “Thai Peanut Chicken Tako” is a favorite.
- 4Rivers: My favorite BBQ joint – a coworker described it best after recently visiting for the first time: “most people think they have had really good BBQ before – until they try 4Rivers”. Can’t leave without trying the burnt ends and be sure to save room for the fantastic cake and cupcake offerings. (Closed Sundays) Follow them on Twitter at @4RSmokehouse.
- Café Tu Tu Tango – Tapas meets an eclectic mixture of art, music and performers. While enjoying the empanadas (a must try!) there may be an artist painting next to you, live music nearby, or even someone spitting fire. Follow them on Twitter at @CafeTuTuTangoFL.
To access more information about local restaurants, unique attractions, and special offers in Orlando, visit our Destination Guide, or explore Hilton properties in Orlando below.
Discover Hilton Hotels in Orlando
Find Hilton hotels in Orlando to experience it for yourself.Search Hotels