Top 10 Places to Visit in Egypt, Luxor City
When looking for places to visit in Egypt, I highly recommend visiting as many cultural and historical sites as possible! While it would take quite some time to see all of the sites in Luxor, these are my Top 10 places to visit during your Egypt holiday:
- Luxor is home to one-third of the world’s ancient monuments and six millennia of captivating myths and historic legends. No wonder the city is described as the world’s “largest outdoor museum.”
- One of the most famous sites is the Valley of the Kings, a sacred, magical place of carefully preserved Pharaoh Tombs including those of famous Egyptian rulers Tutankhamun and Ramses IV.
- The River Nile: At 4100 miles long, the mighty Nile is the longest river in the world. The Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa is arguably the best placed city hotel to enjoy this incredible asset!
- Karnak Temple is the largest religious building ever built and its awe inspiring scale is matched only by its beautifully conserved detail. Dedicated to the gods Amun, Mut and Khonsu, the sacred destination of the Amun-Ra temple was specially designed to perfectly capture sunrise during the winter and summer Solstice.
- Hatshepsut Temple is located next to Valley of the Kings and honours one of Egypt’s greatest female rulers. A grand colonnade design built into a cliff face, the monument is considered an outstanding example of advanced technology, incomparable of the time.
- For unbeatable views of Luxor’s riches, a sunrise balloon ride is a must.
- The most delicious and preferred dishes in Luxor stem from traditional Egyptian food. Enjoy this cultural cuisine at Olives while you sit on the Nile Promenade and take in the view.
- Royal Valley Golf Club is the only leading golf course in the area and popular with locals and visitors alike.
- A Felucca Ride on the Nile is an unforgettable experience. Enjoy breakfast while you watch the sunrise over the river.
- The Hilton Luxor is home to the only spa in Luxor City. Here you will find an infinity pool on the Nile and unmatched signature rituals and ceremonies all while relaxing in our beautiful city.