Tips On Mother’s Day in the Cities that Celebrate Mom the Most
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, we’ve taken a cue from OpenTable to help put together your Mother’s Day travel list!
Last year, Open Table ranked the top 25 U.S. cities that dine out most on Mother’s Day treating mom to a special meal she most certainly deserves. We’re happy to report that many of those cities are ones where our Hilton Suggests team live and offer suggestions for the culture curious traveler!
If last year is any indication of where travelers will be treating mom this year – then we’ll have you covered! From dining to spa treatments and much more, here are our local favorites for an unforgettable Mother’s Day:
In the Top City for Mother’s Day Reservations… ATLANTA:
This year put a spin on giving mom sweets and flowers, whether that’s a special date just with mom, or with the whole family. Café Intermezzo is a European-style café famous for indulgent cakes & desserts. Their White Hot Chocolate Deluxe, loaded with whip cream & white chocolate chips, is quite the pairing with the multi-layered Tiramisu Cheesecake.
After a special treat paired with a fancy coffee, take a stroll through the Atlanta Botanical Garden. The garden will be in full bloom along with the new Chihuly displays.
In LAS VEGAS:
The city whose slogan is “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” could also translate into “please don’t tell mom what happened in Vegas.” But the truth is Mother’s Day is a great time to visit Vegas! The skies are sunny, but still not too hot, and the variety of things to do is endless.
We suggest a spa treatment at the Hilton Grand Vacations on the Strip. The luxurious treatments and tranquil surroundings will make any mom feel special. We then suggest taking mom for a special dinner at Hugo’s. Hugo’s is consistently voted one of Las Vegas’ top restaurants and is where mom will be greeted with a rose. It’s the perfect place to make sure she feels pampered.
Speaking of pampering… Ivy Spa in Minneapolis is THE place to go! It has an expansive list of spa options ranging from massages and facials to medi-spa services.
Of course, there is always the popular Mother’s Day brunch should you wish to treat your mom to a more traditional special day. Our favorite brunch spots in Minneapolis include:
- Café Maude – a trendy bistro that facilitates a laid-back atmosphere and exceptional food (with bottomless mimosas to boot!)
- Haute Dish – A unique experience that reinvents classic Midwestern fare. Haute Dish brings back memories of mom’s home cooking with charm!
- Libertine – Located uptown with a spectacular rooftop bar, Libertine is the perfect spot to welcome the warmer weather and to enjoy the chef-driven, house made selections.
In NEW ORLEANS
NOLA has many Southern sweets and historic affairs to treat mom to! A few of our favorites:
- Angelo Brocato Ice Cream – The Spumoni ice cream is a personal favorite! Angelo’s is a very traditional ice cream and pastry shop, located between two famous snowball stands.
- Aunt Sally’s Praline – Aunt Sally’s specializes in Pralines, or as the locals call it, “pecan candy.” It’s a Southern favorite that originated in NOLA. Plus, Aunt Sally’s is next door to Café Du Monde, another acclaimed sweets parlor!
For a traditional dining experience, we suggest treating mom to a classic Creole dish at Galatoire’s, or take refuge in the popular Domenica’s with their classic Italian dishes. Both restaurants exhibit NOLA’s historic architecture.
Last, but certainly not least in NOLA, there is Drago’s. They serve the best Creole and Cajun Seafood dishes. The grilled oysters are highly recommended!
While these are just a handful of places to celebrate mom, we know travelers around the country will find a special way to say, “I love you” to their mother. Any local favorites we missed, or do you need more ideas for somewhere in your hometown? Tweet us @HiltonSuggests!